You can export data from Gmail to a more convenient PST
file format. This is the Outlook data file format. The PST format has these features:
● The PST data file can be saved on the computer hard drive, Google drive, and any other media.
● It can be opened or imported into Outlook at any time through the Outlook built-in options or with special software for importing PST into Outlook
, while maintaining source folder structure and other properties.
● PST files can be merged
● PST files can be converted to other formats without data loss with professional utilities
You can transfer Gmail emails to a PST data file by connecting your Gmail account to the Outlook profile using the IMAP protocol and Import/Export feature. This process is closely described in the article about importing Gmail to Outlook
But there is an alternative method that is easier and contains more features. After downloading Gmail messages via Google Takeout, convert the resulting MBOX file to PST
.Advantages of the MBOX to PST conversion method:
● You can save Gmail emails from multiple mailboxes or multiple folders from different mailboxes in one PST data file.
● You can add new data to existing PST archive files.
● There is no need to launch Outlook to convert MBOX to PST with this tool. You can run the conversion from an offline application.
● The utility retains all original Gmail data, including Internet headers, mailbox folder structure, or categories from Google labels.
● You can set a maximum size for the final PST files, and they will be automatically split into files of the specified size.
● You can rearrange the archived Gmail emails during the conversion, using a variety of ready-made macros or setting your own parameters.
● The utility provides an option to filter messages with or without attachments for conversion.
● Additional bulk MBOX to PST conversion features include a special command line tool, conversion on schedule, moving the processed MBOX files to a separate folder, and selecting files to be converted by size.